QR Code is a quick and easy way to enrol your Android devices. QR Code enrolment allows you to skip the entire process of entering/sharing credentials or license keys and cuts down the time of enrolment. FieldX lets you enrol the devices by merely scanning the QR code.
Android Enterprise devices offer a quick and easy way to enrol your devices right when they are unboxed or after a factory reset, in the form of six-taps and scanning a QR Code. This method of enrolment, downloads the FieldX application,
Let’s look in detail how to enrol your device with this method.
Before You Begin
- The Android Device must be running Android 8.0 and higher and is android Android Enterprise Ready
- Devices are fresh out of the box(Without any account setup) or are factory reset.
- Open the QR Code image as described below.
QR code will be present within the FiledX MDM console.
Login to your FieldX MDM portal.
Navigate to Admin Settings > Downloads or Dashboard > Download Center
- Power On the device.
- On the very first screen when the device is started for the first time after factory reset or fresh out of the box, tap anywhere on the screen “6” times in the same spot and wait.
- Next, you will be prompted for QR code setup for setting up the device. Click ‘Next‘
- Connect the device to Wi-Fi
- Once connected, it will check for updates and install QR Reader if it’s not available on the device.
- As soon as QR reader is installed, you will be prompted to scan QR code
- Scan the QR code on the screen
- You will get a prompt to Set up your device. On this, click ‘Accept & Continue’
- This will start setting up your work device, follow the on-screen instructions to complete the enrolment process.
- Complete the Setup (Grant the required permissions to the app).
The device will be automatically registered and appear under “New Devices” in the FieldX Web Portal.
A YouTube video can be found here.