FieldX has been designed from ground up with the central piece being easy management of the devices. Like every system, the FieldX Web Portal has many features and onboarding may be an overwhelming task.
The aim of this article is to help you onboard your first device and help you quickly get started in applying restrictions on the devices.
Key Features in FieldX
- Device Management is the core piece of the system which helps you manage the inventory of the devices.
- Groups let you create a logical grouping of the devices. E.g: Beta devices group, InternalTest Users, Samsung Devices, TV Boxes, etc
- Restrictions help you remotely push policies and lets you control the overall usage of the devices.
- Applications let you auto-install apps silently on the devices
Assuming that you have created an account and are logged in to the Web Portal. The first page shows an “empty” dashboard as there are no devices registered yet. We recommend following steps for onboarding on FieldX,
- Enrol your first device by reading this article – https://kb.fieldx.io/article/enrol-your-first-device/
- Create a “Group” and add your newly enrolled device to the Group. Read more about groups here https://kb.fieldx.io/article/grouping-devices/
- Create a “Global Restrictions” by clicking on Restrictions > New > Manage Global Restrictions. For more details, on creating granular controls, please read the article here https://kb.fieldx.io/article/controls-restrictions/
- Finally install/push the apps by reading this article here https://kb.fieldx.io/article/pushing-apps/