A tag is a custom and user defined label or text that is mapped to a device. In addition to the unique parameters like IMEI Number, Serial Number and Ethernet LAN Mac Address, tagging can add an extra layer of information for the device. Tagging can be used to search a device from the large pool of devices registered in FieldX.
A tag can be Customer ID from your internal CRM system or the location where the device/asset is placed or anything that can help in identifying a device.
- The first step is to enrol the device in FieldX
- All the enrolled devices will be listed under ‘New Devices’
- Identify your device and click on the ‘Tag Device’ button
- Verify the IMEI number in the ‘Unique ID’ field and select the hierarchy details where it has to be registered.
- Give the text that you want to tag with the selected device and click on Submit.
- Once devices get registered into a hierarchy you can find them in ‘My Devices’. Select the hierarchy details and it filters all the devices which are registered under the selected zone.
Update Tag of an existing device
- In order to retag an existing device into some other label or to the existing tag, Search and select the device from the list.
- Once the device has been selected, click on the ‘Tag Device’ button and edit the ‘Device Tag’ field and Submit. Now the device will be retagged with the edited label.
Tagging multiple devices
- To tag multiple devices in one go, use the ‘Bulk Register Devices’. If the device is already registered tag will be updated or a new device record is created with tag & IMEI/serial number for a new device.
- Before proceeding with this make sure that devices are registered to an appropriate hierarchy after the enrolment. If you provide the Group name here the device gets added into Group automatically. Select the hierarchy and enter device details accurately as per the provided guidelines.